Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dec Training Camp ends

Today was the last day of the last training camp of 2008. For the last week I have been staying with my boy Dennis and his wife Margo enjoying a solid week of training and some really good cooking. We put together a solid block of trainer workouts and filled in the days with treadmill runs, strength sessions and pool work. All in all I feel pretty good about what we accomplished and have a big head start on my fitness going into 2009.

The 2009 season is starting a lot earlier than it ever has before with a 70.3 race in New Orleans in April, which is why I am ramping up the training already. Normally I would be enjoying a little time away from structured training and adding a little fun to the training equation. However, after finishing last season on somewhat of a high I am really motivated to ride the wave of form and improve my swimming and cycling so I can shorten the gap between myself and the top pros. So far so good. Now all I have to do is tighten the reigns on the diet a little and get back to my fighting weight. Before and after pics to come in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment