Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I am sitting here enjoying a glass of 'Singh Family Cellars' red after a wonderful Christmas dinner with my parents. I capped off a nice two-day training block with one of my favorite training partners today. Yesterday was an hour on the treadmill with tempo efforts and a short strength circuit. Let me tell you- I AM SORE! I don't know if it is more from the lack of running or the lack of strength training that led to such extreme DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) but I am feeling it. We went to the gym I used to work at in Kohler, WI and I was able to see some of my old co-workers and a few of my coached athletes from last year, which was nice. Today it was straight to the basement for a two-up trainer workout. The protocol was tempo repeats with a harder than usual recovery period to maximize time in high Z2. All I can say is that by the end there was a puddle of sweat on the floor and my legs were cashed. Mission accomplished. After I cleansed myself I headed over to my parents house for a plump Christmas ham. Now I am sitting here with a full belly and a glass of wine telling my story. More to come soon. I need to go play with my friends ninas.

No comments:

Post a Comment