Friday, December 26, 2008

Do I smell chlorine?

I normally don't mind the smell of chlorine but over the years I have become quite sensitive to it and usually spend hours wiping and blowing the dripping faucet on my face post swim. Since my normal pool has been closed due to locker room repairs and snow days I haven't swum in over a week and my form was abysmal because of it. Dbo and I met up with a few of the other athletes I coach for a nice swim and core workout. Twenty-five 100's made up the bulk of the swim workout and left me plenty hungry. After the swim I took the boys up to the gym for a quick abs of steel workout. It was quite amusing watching the onlookers faces change from inquisitive to confused as three grown men performed, what I know as 'normal' core exercises, simultaneously. To them it must have looked like the 'African anteater ritual' (Movie reference.) The funny thing of it is if I went back there next week I bet I would see at least 2 people doing some of the same exercises we were-incorrectly no doubt. Tomorrow is looking like a nice day for a 60/30 brick as it will be in the low 40's, which is a heatwave for WI right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hello-

    I guess this may be a random way to reach you but I was looking at an Orbea tri-bike on ebay that you apparently used to ride/race with. The seller pointed me to this blog so I thought I would post a comment here to get some information from you (I read the specs on the Orbea website but it sounded like you are a pretty tall guy- I am 6’2” and 190 lbs so I thought I would see what some of your stats are to see if the bike might fit me.

    I apologize if this is not a good place to reach you.

    Without sounding dorky, your blog is pretty fun/funny. I am a big fan of the movie "Can't buy me Love" so I understand your African anteater ritual reference. Anyway, if you want to shoot me an email, I am at chad.bakken@mdch.com

    Thanks and have a good new year.

    Chad

    ReplyDelete